It takes creating an effort to build one’s self, and to influence other people in a good or bad way. Everyone desire to be a leader in one way or another. unfortunately only a few have had this opportunity, while the majority fail to achieve this.
When you think of leaders all over the world, they are numerous, starting from Nelson Mandela, business leaders, politicians, and so many others. By reading this article you will get to know more about :
- Leadership styles
- Qualities of a good leader.
- What does leadership mean-:
Leadership means having the ability to convince people that their vision, aims, goals can become a reality if the needed support is given by the right people. A good leader would have to believe that despite the team’s failure several times, they will still create something better.
- Delegative leadership-:
This style of leadership’s main focus is on issuing ideas to team members. Although disagreement of team members splits the team, therefore leading to low morale and poor motivation. But when team members are competent and cooperative, it gives way for successful leadership.
- is given to creative team members.
- Experienced employees benefit fully from Delegative leadership by using their experience and competence as an advantage.
- It paves way for a positive environment.
- No properly defined environment.
- Authoritarian leadership-:
The authoritarian leadership style allows leaders to define outcomes and impose expectations. When a leader is the most knowledgeable among the team members, it can lead to success. It helps to give clear guidelines to team members.
- There is a clearly explained chain of command
- It reduces the time spent on a crucial decision
- Mistakes are reduced in the implementation plan.
- This leadership style makes employees be rebellion
- It increases employee turnover
- Employees creativity are diminished
3. Participative leadership-:
Participative leadership styles for involving team members, when it comes to decision making. It is based on democratic theory. It employees not to feel neglected, therefore, they eagerly give their contribution. But the last word is done by the leader on decision making.
- Employee motivation is increased
- Employee creativity is motivated
- It creates a way for a strong team
- It is time-consuming
ii. It sometimes leads to poor decision-making.
What are the qualities of a good leader?
There are five(5) qualities of a good leader, which are-:
- Integrity-: a good leader will have the courage to act according to ethical and moral principles.
- Humility-: a good leader should not expect perfection from himself. Instead, a good leader will have to acknowledge that they do not know everything neither do they have all the answers.
They have to be honest and know that they cannot achieve all their goals without others’ help.
- Self-awareness -: they reflect on their failures, weaknesses, successes, and strengths.
- Flexibility-: they can change or fit in when faced with unexpected circumstances.
- Empathy-: a good leader tries to understand the challenges their team is facing and find a solution.
All these show the meaning of leadership. And the qualities of a good leader. When a leader implements the above, it will lead to successful leadership.