Business Majors have a diverse skill set that makes them very valuable in the job market. Business is regularly ranked amongst the safest and most profitable college courses. It also equips you with a solid set of skills. Let’s take a look at some of the skills of a business major. Business majors will study;
- Economics – Economics deals with the factors and management of production. It deals with allocating resources, the distribution of capital and investment, and consumption.
- Accounting – Accounting deals with recording and analysing financial transactions.
- Marketing – Marketing deals with selling a product or service.
- Ethics – Ethics questions the morals behind living in a capitalist society.
- Finance – Finance deals with money and management of funds.
- Management – Management can entail human management, finance management or even business management. This deals with managing services, employees and the business in general.
- International Business – International business refers to being knowledgeable about the trades, rules and regulations surrounding business across the borders.
If you’ve ever asked yourself, what can you do with a business degree, then this is the article for you.
What Can You do With a Business Degree? (Five Jobs for Business Majors)
- Accountant – We’re starting off with the position of an account. This job pays an average of $53,000 per year. Accountants will utilise their knowledge of accounting. You will be required to maintain the financial operations of the company you work for. You’ll create budgets, organise accounts and endure financial records are accurate. This is a great career job because once you become a certified public accountant, you can move on to higher positions.
- Investment Banker – Investment bankers, can make a lot of money; however, it is not the easiest of jobs. You will need a professional amount of knowledge on the financial markets. Investment bankers help companies and individuals manage their portfolios. To get this job, you may need an MBA. The average salary is $64,000 per year.
- Human Resources Specialist – If you enjoy dealing with people, then perhaps this is the job for you. You’ll need an intuitive understanding of business policies because this is vital for the company’s smooth running. You will be required to handle employee functions such as screening, interviews and recruiting. You may have to supervise teams, deal with salary negotiations and employee benefits. The average salary for this job is $51,000 per year.
- Business Teachers – Business teachers earn an average of $60,000 per year. They teach high school students about business. You will have to meet the teacher education requirements before you can apply for this position. If you’re a good teacher and you can interact well, then this may be the job for you.
- Actuary – Last but certainly not the least we have the financial actuaries. This is a very technical job with an average salary of $110,000 per year. It is one of the highest-paying jobs for business majors; however, you will need other accreditations. Actuaries help to calculate and analyse financial risks. This is a very math heavy job, and it is one of the fastest-growing careers.
For more answers to the question, what can you do with a business degree? Click here.